Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Life is but a dream!


I've been so enamored with the day to day experience of operating the gallery these last few weeks that I've neglected the blog. So far, its been just incredible. I am so excited each day to head into the shop. Most days I still can't believe that I've done it, that its all come together, and that I'm actually here living my dream.

Our first month was a huge success! We celebrated our Preview Night with a huge crowd of friends, family and fantastic sales. For our official Grand Opening, the shop was packed from start to finish, and we exceded our goals by 50%. The month rounded out with many new clients and several people in Louisville are happily adding new art to their collections.

Our first exhibit in the REV has come down and we are preparing to hand the next one, ABANDON by April Rietze. Opening next weekend (9/11 from 7-11), its sure to please and intrigue. April has really poured herself into this creative collection of new works, featuring photos printed on gallery-wrapped canvas and then embellished with new media, acrylics and found objects. I've only had a preview of a few of the pieces, but she's been teasing us with videos of her "junking" (searching for embellishment objects), tea staining, and generally pushing herself to create something new and amazing. I can't wait to see the final products on the walls!

In general, I just couldn't be more pleased. I feel so happy to be here!


No comments:

Post a Comment